About the Award
Citizens for a Fair Ferndale (CFF) believes “good neighbors equal a strong community.” CFF’s Good Neighbor Awards recognize the ongoing efforts of those who live, work or attend school in Ferndale who value the fair and equal treatment of others and are engaged in making this happen on a daily basis. The Awards program identifies and honors individuals, organizations and businesses in our community who are outstanding examples of “good neighbors,” who are committed to building, preserving, maintaining and improving the quality of life in their neighborhoods and our community.
Examples of previous honorees include diverse individuals, organizations and businesses that have coordinated and planned picnics, festivals, and events in the community; promoted volunteerism; created inclusive, welcoming environments in their businesses; collaborated on art projects that celebrate diversity; tutored foreign-born Americans; sheltered the homeless; creatively overcame personal challenges while striving to help others; established book club networks; spoken out against injustice in our community.
Citizens for a Fair Ferndale invites members of the Ferndale community to nominate persons of groups for 10 (ten) awards to be presented at a celebration in the spring.
On a regular basis CFF invites members of the wider Ferndale community to nominate those individuals, organized groups and businesses who meet the following criteria:
- Creatively promote fair and equal treatment of all those who live in, work in, learn in, visit and enjoy our community;
- Contribute to the community beyond their own citizen responsibilities and beyond efforts for self-promotion;
- Show extraordinary concern for the overall quality of life for the wider community;
- Take leadership role to solve problems or promote change, or creatively support those who do;
- Encourage neighbors to participate in the life of the community for the benefit of all;
- Overcome obstacles or takes risks in the pursuit of creating, developing, and furthering the development of a stronger community;
- Demonstrate results.
The nomination deadline for the annual CFF Good Neighbor Awards for 2018 is September 7 (see: http://fairferndale.org/?page_id=152. After the evaluation of nominations and determination of this year’s awards, CFF will contact honorees to invite them to a celebration in May.