Citizens for a Fair Ferndale, 263 Vester St., Ferndale, MI 48220 www.fairferndale.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 10/8/13; Contact (248) 515-7803
Citizens For a Fair Ferndale to Hold Candidate Forum
On Saturday, October 26, 2013, Citizens for a Fair Ferndale (CFF) will hold a Candidate & Ballot Proposal Forum at the Ferndale Library (12:30-2:00 p.m. for the Mayoral Forum, 2:15-3:00 p.m. for the City Council Forum, 3:00-3:45 p.m. for the Proposal A Forum, and 3:45-4:00 p.m. Library Board Candidates). The event will also be recorded and submitted to WFRN for airing until Election Day. The public and the media are encouraged to attend.
CFF has invited all declared candidates, plus one participant presenting each side of the question presented to voters in Proposal A.
The format is simple:
1. Candidates are at a table in the front of the room.
2. Each Candidate will have an opportunity to give a 3 minute introduction.
3. As people come in, they are given 3 x 5 cards. These are gathered periodically and brought to the moderator. The moderator then poses the questions to the candidates. Each Candidate has 2 minutes to answer each question. The order of response changes so each has a chance to be first.
4. There is a timer to help you pace answers.
5. Each Candidate will have an opportunity to give a closing statement.
CFF’s complete Forum Guidelines can be found at
CFF’s mission is to foster a community that is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all residents and visitors regardless of sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, age, height, weight, familial status, national origin, physical or mental disability.
Learn more about CFF at www.fairferndale.org
Contact us for more information:
CFF48220@gmail.com or (248) 515-7803